Like every year, between January and February we find ourselves with low immune defenses and facing seasonal ailments.
Especially colds and flu.
But did you know that you can fight them with food?
Or rather, there are some foods that help prevent and reduce the risk of becoming a "victim" of these ailments.
Here are some foods, which combined with our diet can be of enormous help to us:
- Oranges / Kiwis
- Lettuce which is rich in mineral salts and vitamins C and A
Some of these foods you can find at my store and as usual you have my guarantee.
I leave you with my advice which in recent years has helped me a lot to face these periods full of ailments...
... have you ever heard of GOLDEN MILK?
It is a very well-known drink among practitioners of Kundalini Yoga, it is associated with anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties, joint well-being and detoxifying effects on the liver.
The preparation of this drink requires a few simple operations which I list below:
- Bring a full glass of water to the boil
- When the water boils, add a spoonful of turmeric and let it dissolve completely
- Add a pinch of ground ginger and cinnamon
- If you have a strong palate add a pinch of black pepper and a little sunflower oil. Sunflower oil will help the absorption of antioxidant molecules, while black pepper will facilitate the absorption of curcumin, the active ingredient of turmeric
- Dilute the drink with hot vegetable milk (soya if possible) and sweeten it with a nice teaspoon full of your favorite honey.
If you want, you can prepare the mixture in the blender to obtain a frothy drink.
All I have to do is wish you a good drink and I'll wait for you in the shop!